Looking for help training your dog?
Sean is a Clever Dog Company Licensed Method Trainer! Whether you have a new puppy that needs training, or you have an adult dog that struggles with obedience, has separation anxiety, needs to learn some new skills, or has some specific challenging behaviour, Sean can help. He provides his 1-2-1 bespoke puppy and adult dog training services via video call to English speaking clients anywhere in the world, and by visiting clients’ homes in Brixton, Clapham, Dulwich and surrounding areas of South London.
Looking for help walking your dog?
Sean operates a professional, reliable, and flexible dog walking service, with individual and group walks, operating in Camberwell, Loughborough Junction, Brixton, Oval and Stockwell. For dogs with ongoing training or behavioural issues, Sean’s ‘Walk & Train’ service combines walking and training on issues such as recall, loose leash walking, and focus around other dogs and people.
My early career was in teaching, where I developed the leadership and communication skills necessary to help people develop understanding and learn new skills. Alongside a senior corporate role, I then spent several years working with renowned pet behaviourist and international lecturer Sarah Whitehead to develop my own knowledge and expertise in dog training, and I now operate two successful dog care businesses in South London.
I live in Camberwell in South London and have owned dogs all my adult life, my current dog is a Labrador called Charlie. When not working with clients and their dogs, I love walking my own dog with friends and family, as well as investing time in my own personal development by participating in training courses – such as the Gun Dog training course that I attended in Autumn 2023.
‘Sean Hyden Dog Trainer’ provides bespoke one-to-one dog training for puppies, adolescent adult, senior and re-homed dogs. I can deliver training either remotely online, via video call or in-person in the comfort of owners’ homes for clients in many postcodes within South London. I am a Clever Dog Company Method Licensed Trainer, operating under a license awarded to me by Sarah Whitehead. Sarah is an internationally renowned pet behaviour counsellor and CEO of the Clever Dog Company.
I focus my dog and puppy training sessions on the areas that you want help with. The sessions typically cover training some of the fundamental skills we need our dogs to learn (for example, loose leash walking, recall or impulse control), alongside how to handle certain challenging issues (for example, separation anxiety, acceptable play with dogs and children, over excitability, or jumping up). Please see the Training page for more details.
‘Sean Takes The Dogs Out’ is the dog walking element of my business, providing professional, reliable, flexible and affordable dog walking services in South London, covering Camberwell, Loughborough Junction, Brixton, Oval, and Stockwell. I operate group walks every weekday lunchtime, and some other times during the week. I also provide individual walks for dogs that, for whatever reason, cannot walk comfortably in a group. My ‘Walk & Train’ service is becoming increasingly popular, leveraging my skills as a Clever Dog Company licensed method trainer, and combining walking and training in a single session.
I am an experienced and fully qualified walker (licensed, insured, canine first aid trained, criminal record checked) and strive to provide a high-quality service to my clients.
Dog Training Services
Sean is a Clever Dog Company Method Licensed Trainer
Experienced in positive reinforcement-based training methods
One-to-one - so fully focussed on your needs without the distractions of a group class
Bespoke and customisable - focussing on the issues you need addressing
In-person or online / video call training
In-person training available in Brixton, Clapham, Dulwich and many other areas in South West and South East London
Video call training sessions available to english speaking customers anywhere in the world
Preparing for Puppy
- For those who are preparing for the arrival of a new puppy
- How to set up for the new puppy
- What to expect in the first few weeks
- Strategies to handle the initial challenges right first time!
Puppy Training Packages
- The arrival of your new puppy is a crucial time to start training as behavioural patterns are laid down for life.
- Training is the best investment to prepare you and your dog for a happy life together, and the benefits will last a lifetime!
Adult Training Packages
- For adolescent, adult, senior and re-homed dogs
- Focussed on the areas you want support with.
- Help to build new skills, develop existing skills, or address certain behavioural issues.
Loose Leash Walking - Special Package
- To teach you how to train your dog to walk nicely on a loose leash
- For a puppy or young dog learning to walk on a lead for the first time.
- Or an adolescent or adult dog that simply pulls to much.
Improving Recall - Special Package
- For dogs with an unreliable or non existent recall.
- Practice exercises and learn strategies you can employ to build a stronger recall response from your dog
NOT SURE WHICH TRAINING PACKAGE TO CHOOSE?
WISH TO DISCUSS YOUR TRAINING REQUIREMENT WITH SEAN TO SEE IF HE CAN HELP?
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT SEAN HYDEN DOG TRAINER?
SELECT A TIME FOR YOUR FREE 15-MINUTE NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION WITH SEAN BELOW
Dog Walking Services
Certified in Canine First Aid
DRB (Criminal Record) Checked
Public Liability Insurance in place and insured to hold keys for your home
Full Local Authority License in place for commercial dog walking
COVERING CAMBERWELL, LOUGHBOROUGH JUNCTION, BRIXTON, OVAL AND STOCKWELL
Individual or Group Walks
- A responsible and professional walker for your dog
- A reliable and flexible service that can vary according to your work and family commitments
Walk & Train
- Combines a dog walk with training
- Focuses primarily on behaviours that can be addressed whilst walking outside